The movie was taken off cinemas following the terror attacks at two mosques in Christchurch, where 50 people died.
‘Hotel Mumbai’, an intense documentary-style thriller based on the 2008 terrorist attack in Mumbai, has been pulled out of New Zealand cinemas. The move comes in the aftermath of the dastardly terrorist attack on two mosques in Christchurch on Friday, in which 50 people were killed.
‘Hotel Mumbai’, starring Dev Patel, is based on the bombing and shootings carried out by terrorists on November 26, 2008, killing 174 people in the attack that went on for four days.
The movie had been released in New Zealand cinemas last Thursday and continued to play over the weekend. It was, however, pulled out on Monday until March 28. ‘Hotel Mumbai’ came in at number two at the New Zealand weekend box office, behind ‘Captain Marvel’, Newshub said.
According to Stuff.co.nz, a statement from Icon Film Distribution said: “Following the recent terrorist attacks in New Zealand, Icon Film Distribution have announced the suspension of the film ‘Hotel Mumbai’ from all cinemas in New Zealand.”
ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!